(From 18th to 23rd March , 2019)
PLAN OF ACTION
DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION GUJRAT
(Clean and Green Punjab)
A concerted week-long effort at:
Street cleaning in both urban and rural areas by involving people from all walks of life.
Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Committee are directed to focus on following guidelines as communicated by LG & CD Department Lahore.
- Thoroughly clean the identified area i.e. streets, roads, open plots.
- Collect and transport waste to temporary waste collection points.
- To mobilize the local communities to join hands with MCs through awareness campaign.
- Manual Sweeping of area/ streets – residential and commercial
- Lime application around mosques, major roads and around containers
- Scrapping along roadside
- Washing of city monuments
- Special cleanliness of commercial areas by involving trade unions
- Cleaning of bus stands, graveyards, surrounding of parks, educational institutes etc.
- De-silting of open tertiary drains.
- Removal of debris, animal dung from open plots.
- Block Plantation Drive by Divisional Forest Officer, Gujrat
- Special Khutba in Juma Prayers by involving members of different sects.
MONITORING MECHANISM & PROGRESS
- All ACs will keep liaison with Chief Officers of MCs of their respective jurisdiction and submit their daily progress to DC /District Focal Person.
- Monitoring via online portal and android based Developed by Urban Unit.
- Daily Progress Report will be shared through Focal persons regarding Cleanliness Campaign.
COMPONENTS OF AWARENESS ACTIVITIES
- Public Briefing
- Door to Door Visits
- Leaflets Distribution with effective cleanliness awareness message.
- Branding of the venue
- Community and Stake Holder Mobilization
- Machinery Demonstration
- Symbolic Waste Picking
- Interactive Sessions
- Quiz/Drawing/Essay Competition/ Debates